Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Siiiiiiick

So yesterday I was definitely sick. Today I am definitely a Zombie. Things are not going well since clearly sometime between last night and this morning I died and then became undead.

My blood sugar will not be normal. It was 47 at 7am. It was over 200 when I woke back up at noon. I cannot win. I need to drink the juice to make me not sick anymore but the juice makes my blood sugar go up so I give myself extra insulin and then it goes low and then I eat too much cereal and it's high again. My mom noted how much it sucks that I get sick right after I no longer have that awesome continuous glucose monitor to help keep my body in a mode that can heal.

Speaking of which, being Diabetic means my immune system consists partially of a bunch of half asleep white blood cells and partially of a bunch of hyperactive white blood cells with ADD. Neither of these groups seem to be able to mobilize together to get anything useful done for way longer than is logical. I have been trying to stuff my body full of vegetables in an attempt to make them work better but clearly the sleepy ones need coffee but that would make the hyperactive ones jittery and useless. As a result, I just have to sit around waiting for them to figure their shit out.

Maybe I'll go take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment