Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's HERE! I has a Dexcom CGM!

My dexcom has arrived! I've inserted and started everything up. I'll know if I did it right on a few hours when it asks me for blood sugars but my transmitter is transmitting and my receiver is receiving and it came with 2 awesome cases. One seems to be water resistant and the other is a silicon case.

I will be making a case that attaches nicely to the slings I make for my pump so I'll probably post pictures in a later update of that, depending on how it goes.

A question for anyone else using a CGM who might have stumbled upon my blog...where do you put your sensor? The Dexcom is only approved for the abdomen but my wedding dress will have a corset on top so I'll need to put it elsewhere. I was thinking lower hip/top of my ass if it'll work there. Apparently little kids get good results from there.

2 comments:

  1. I have only used my belly for my CGM.. but my baby belly has made it hard to get a good calibration, about a day to calibrate and then it falls out in under a day from skin growth.

    if you change sites you will want to check the calibration on it. it may be best to take a vacation from it for you wedding day.

    Also be aware of where the transmitter is compared to the receiver. my can not transmit through my boobs, so if I put my receiver in my bra it does not work. same with baby belly, if it is on the transmitter is on the right side and the receiver is on the left then it does not work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such respect for people with diabetes. Good luck with your dex.

    ReplyDelete